Have you ever tried using Face ID to unlock your iPhone in landscape mode and been quite upset to discover it didn’t work? Here is details guide How To Setup Face ID on an iPhone in landscape mode and using it? You are not the only one who has experienced frustration over your iPhone’s inability to use Face ID when it is in the landscape mode. But guess what? Since the release of iOS 16, things have improved significantly. Therefore, iOS 16 allows you to configure and utilize Face ID in landscape mode on an iPhone. Let me assist you in beginning.
iOS 16 Quick Guide: How to Use Face ID in Landscape Mode on the iPhone.
You avoid obstacles later, make sure to check out the prerequisites first.
Check to See If Your iPhone Is Compatible
The “Unlock Face ID in Landscape” function only works with the newest iPhone models, just with the majority of high-profile features like Live Text in Video and the background removal tool. The list of gadgets that support Face ID unlocking in landscape mode is as follows:
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
Ensure iOS 16 or later is installed on your iPhone.
As was already said, in order to use the new Face ID unlock feature, your iPhone must be running iOS 16 or later. Update your gadget right away if you haven’t already.
1. Keep in mind that software updates require a minimum of 50% battery life on your iPhone. Additionally, make sure your device is linked to a reliable Wi-Fi network.
2. Open the Settings application on your iPhone.
3. After that, a little farther down, tap General.
4. After that, select Software Update.
5. Give your device some time to check for the latest software update. Download and instal the software update as normal when it appears.
iPhone landscape mode unlock for Face ID
After updating your iPhone, there is nothing further you need to do to unlock it in landscape mode. Simply set your iPhone on a table in landscape mode, peek at it, and voilà! As usual, your smartphone will be immediately unlocked. You may now swipe to the Home Screen or proceed to make your iPhone Lock Screen exactly as you want it.
- Face ID in landscape often works, but occasionally it doesn’t. But don’t worry; it may be the result of a software error or defect.
- You should attempt a few practical methods in this situation. Reset your Face ID first. To accomplish this, open the iPhone’s Settings app, choose Face ID & Passcode, then hit Reset Face ID and confirm. Reset Face ID at this point.
- Update the programme (Settings -> General -> Software Update) if the issue persists since it could be caused by a secret bug.
I’m signing off.
I’m happy that Face ID can now unlock the iPhone in both portrait and landscape settings since I find it to be incredibly useful. Even though I did not find the inability to unlock the smartphone in landscape mode to be a deal-breaker, it is encouraging to see Apple finally do away with this issue. Better late than never, as the saying goes.
On that topic, I’d advise you to look into four significant features, including the iPhone’s haptic feedback, Face ID’s ability to lock images, and the ability to edit and unsend iMessages.
How to use Face ID in landscape mode on your iPhone 12
Since the iPhone 12 doesn’t have a Home button, you might be wondering how to use Face ID in landscape mode. Here’s a quick guide on how to do it.
To use Face ID in landscape mode, you’ll first need to make sure that the feature is enabled in the Settings app. To do this, open the Settings app and tap on Face ID & Passcode. Then, scroll down and make sure that the Allow Access When Locked option is turned on.
Once that’s done, you can use Face ID in landscape mode by simply holding your iPhone up to your face as you would in portrait mode. The iPhone will automatically detect that you’re trying to use Face ID in landscape mode and will adjust the orientation of the Face ID scanner accordingly.
3. Tips for using Face ID in landscape mode
Since the iPhone 12 was released, people have been wondering if Face ID works in landscape mode. The answer is yes, but there are a few tips you should know to make sure it works properly.
1. Make sure your face is in the center of the screen. Face ID uses the TrueDepth camera to scan your face, so it needs to be in the center of the screen to work properly.
2. Hold the phone at a comfortable distance. You don’t want to hold the phone too close to your face or too far away. A good rule of thumb is to hold it at about arm’s length.
3. Make sure there’s enough light. Face ID needs to be able to see your face clearly, so make sure there’s plenty of light around you. If you’re in a dark room, you may need to use the screen brightness to help Face ID see your face.
4. How to troubleshoot Face ID in landscape mode
As we all know, Face ID is a great way to secure our iPhones. But what happens when it doesn’t work in landscape mode? Here are some tips on how to troubleshoot Face ID in landscape mode:
First, make sure that you’re using the correct passcode. If you’re not sure, you can always reset it by going to Settings > Face ID & Passcode.
Next, check to see if Face ID is turned on in landscape mode. You can do this by going to Settings > Face ID & Passcode and scrolling down to the “Allow Face ID in Landscape” setting. If it’s turned off, simply turn it on and try again.
If Face ID still isn’t working in landscape mode, try restarting your iPhone. Sometimes, a simple restart can fix the problem.
If you’ve tried all of the above and Face ID still isn’t working in landscape mode, you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance.